HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
Welcome parents and caregivers
When a child is facing challenges and you don’t know where to turn, finding the right services and support can be overwhelming. We are committed to helping you access the right services for your child.
We can help!
Beginning with just a phone call, PerformCare (1-877-652-7624) can help you connect your child to the services he or she needs. These may include services available through your regular health insurance plan, community services, or public services paid by Medicaid, but you do not have to have insurance to call PerformCare.Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between what may be “normal” for your Child and when you should reach for extra help. For example, it may be helpful to contact PerformCare if:
- Your child has ever talked about hurting themselves/others or suicide
- You are struggling to meet the needs of a child or adolescent who has a developmental disability (autism spectrum disorders)
- Your child is refusing to go to school, has repeated absences, or if you have other concerns about his or her school performance
- Your child is getting into fights, bullies others, or is being bullied
- You are worried about your youth using drugs or not following rules
- Your child has experienced a major loss or change, such as death, divorce, or relocation, and does not seem to be adjusting well
- Your child experiences a traumatic event, such as a house fire or witnessing violence
- A friend or teacher, or other trusted adult has expressed concerns about your child
- Your child has been arrested
- You would like to know more about the types of services available
BE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON – TELL PERFORMCARE AS MANY DETAILS AS POSSIBLE